Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2004 Forester XT
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I just installed a Invidia G200 on my 04 Fozzy, man its way to loud, its connected to a Grimmspeed catted downpipe, is there a resonator I could add to quiet it down a bit. I have been reading about the Vibrant quiet resonator and was wondering if anyone here has done something like this.

Thanks in Advance

· Premium Member
2017 Forester XT Premium CVT
377 Posts
I had a shop install the Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator in my Invidia Q300 exhaust. It helped, but not as much as I expected for the price.

· Registered
2004 Forester XT
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to a custom muffler shot and figured it would be better to run a new exhaust from the cat back with 3 in tube, a resonator. and a dynaflow muffler, than spend money to chop up a brand new Invidia exhaust and add a resonator. After the install it is still way to loud and the car is not running as smooth as before when I had the stock exhaust from the cat back. Something drastically changed when I removed the stock exhaust. Maybe I do not have enough backpressure now. If someone has suggestions thanks. I would like the car to be as quiet as before, I might have to reinstall the factory exhaust back on.

Thanks

· Registered
2004 Forester XT
25 Posts
I'm on the same boat. Just installed invidia catted downpipe, and G200 Catback. I like the sound but my wife hates it.

Anyone else able to make it quieter? Silencer?

Would the stock axle back make it quieter? Thanks!

· Registered
2009 Forester XT 4spd
143 Posts
I'm running an Invidia DP and N1. It was to loud so I had an exhaust shop weld in a Borla resonator. It is way quieter and all of the rasp is gone.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts