Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XS CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the lights on the climate controls and clock. How do I reach them? I can't see any obvious, or non-obvious, way.

2004 automatic

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 2004
2 Posts
The lights behind my climate control are also dim and I have been contemplating about what to do about it. Any help is appreciated.

·
Casper reincarnated
2,272 Posts
The lights behind my climate control are also dim and I have been contemplating about what to do about it. Any help is appreciated.
I don't know about the USA models but in our Australian Foresters we just push the OFF button for 2 seconds to make our CC lights brighten up, they only dim when turned on in conjunction with the parkers/headlights.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
I don't know about the USA models but in our Australian Foresters we just push the OFF button for 2 seconds to make our CC lights brighten up, they only dim when turned on in conjunction with the parkers/headlights.
Yep, on the US models with Auto HVAC, press the OFF button for two seconds and the LED's showing the positions of the blower & circ method brighten when your parking/headlamps are on.

But if you are talking about the illumination of the lettering, then all you have to do is replace the bulbs with some newer ones and that should brighten things up a little. But be advised that the lights (in the auto HVAC anyway) have little green bulb condoms over them to create the green color, so going with a brighter bulb may melt them.

Behind the HVAC cluster itself, you can access the bulbs and replace them. As for the clock......I have no clue. Sorry.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XS CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, on the US models with Auto HVAC, press the OFF button for two seconds and the LED's showing the positions of the blower & circ method brighten when your parking/headlamps are on.

But if you are talking about the illumination of the lettering, then all you have to do is replace the bulbs with some newer ones and that should brighten things up a little. But be advised that the lights (in the auto HVAC anyway) have little green bulb condoms over them to create the green color, so going with a brighter bulb may melt them.

Behind the HVAC cluster itself, you can access the bulbs and replace them. As for the clock......I have no clue. Sorry.

Sure, but how do I get behind the HVAC cluster? I removed a panel next to the right side footwell but still couldn't get there.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,707 Posts
Sure, but how do I get behind the HVAC cluster? I removed a panel next to the right side footwell but still couldn't get there.
This won't be exactly like your '04XS, but it should get you started. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2014 Forester XS CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good stuff, Bobby--I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it should work. Thanks for the assist.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts