Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alone and by myself at the weekend…..I shall be doing the same to the C Pillar trim on the outside. And I want to do more to the centre console. But I can’t figure out how to take the climate control knobs off…[email protected] ; @Lockheed ; any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Did you watch any tutorials ,youtube perhaps . ?
Only one on how to do complex curves as I was unsure if the wrap would be smooth around a chamfered circular edge for the heater control panel. Key was the heat gun usage, peeling and re-applying the wrap if creased. Not the Hello kitty hair drier as I had for my first attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
3,147 Posts
Very nice job. You're fortunate that your heater knobs are so tidy, the surface on mine has gone all sticky.
You can gently remove the sticky stuff to reveal a hard plastic with the digits intact ,there's a thread about it somewhere on here . (y)

·
Registered
2005 Forester STI revD
145 Posts
Re: the sticky dial fronts, I've ordered new ones from JapanParts along with a few other bits for the centre. I'll post something up once I get them fitted, assuming they ever arrive.

·
Registered
MY04 FSti MT6, MY07 Cross Sport MT5
1,019 Posts
Re: the sticky dial fronts, I've ordered new ones from JapanParts along with a few other bits for the centre. I'll post something up once I get them fitted, assuming they ever arrive.
You just need to be patient with Japan Post (if that's how they're coming) - transit time seems to be highly variable at present, but everything I've ordered has landed (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts