Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I got my UEL headers from Ebay. Fitment is great with a little bending but I have a issue. Seems the passenger side header is touching the oil cooler line and is burning it. I noticed the smell and turned the car off after installing the header to check if everything is good. Any ideas on how to prevent the header from rubbing on the oil cooler line?

I have a 2004 Subaru Forester XS Naturally Aspirated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered some exhaust wrap. Hopefully that can help a bit. Still trying to find a solution for the cooler line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wanted to update that Ive found a solution to my issue and hopefully it can help you.

What I did is I removed the oil filter and unbolted the oil cooler. be sure to plug the coolant lines with some spare bolts or something.

next I bent the coolant nipple that was touching the uel header with a hammer but before you do that, be sure to place a rag and fold it over the coolant nipple a few times so the hammer won't damage it.

hammer away until you feel it's enough space between.

reinstall oil cooler, reinstall oil filter, add new oil (shouldn't be much), install header and check fitment, bam easy fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts