Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5 XT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this thread so I thought I'd share my horror story of how my 04 almost got totaled. I live in Canada where the winters get cold so I had an aftermarket remote starter installed. One day in the winter my mom took my forester out to run some errands, but when she got home she left it both in gear and with the emergency brake not engaged! So later in the day I commanded starter my car and then went to my room which has a window facing the bay I live in. When i look through the window I see my forester going in circles in the middle of my bay. At first I thought someone was stealing so I rushed outside but then realized no one was inside. I tried to turn it off with the key but it wasn't working for some reason so I had to go back inside, grab the keys, unlock the car and jump in while it was moving to hit the brakes to stop it. My car did 5 full circles in the bay and went in-between 2 spruce trees. Best part of the whole situation was that the only thing it hit while it went for a joyride was a 96 Prius that, I kid you not, was getting picked up by a tow truck the next morning to be scrapped for junk metal. Car easily could've hit any one of the brand new vehicles that are on my street but I lucked out and it hit the car that wasn't worth anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts