Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 4EAT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!
So, I have a few questions that some of you may be able to help with. I understand that LS swaps have been successfully completed in the SF, but as of yet, I haven't been able to find anything related to v8 swapping the SG an up, so basically I'm wondering would it even be possible. I'm fairly new to the Subaru world -but so far, I love it!- so excuse my ignorance, but to my knowledge doesn't the Forester sit on a WRX chassis or something extremely close to it? I ask because like I had said about only seeing SFs' with LS swaps, I've also noticed that when it comes to the WRX, I don't think I've seen a generation that hasn't been swapped, leading to my next of, if the SG shares a chassis with a WRX then what I'm after doing is definitely possible with no more work required(or not much more) than swapping a WRX with a similar or same chassis. Secondly, what would be needed other than the obvious engine, trans,custom driveshaft, rear dif, ecu, and fabrication? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts