Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester 4 speed CVT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have an 2004 Subaru Forester with approximately 88k miles. Just a few days ago I found out the passenger side stop light is not working when the brakes are applied. The driver side and parking lights are working just fine. I pulled the stop light bulbs on the passenger side they are good. I replaced them anyway. The STOP light fuse #16 is good. I don't see any other issues or bulbs with an issue. All other accessories and controls are working just find. I even went a step further and pulled the rubber grommet behind the bulb socket, tested it with a light tester there is no power to the pin. Has anyone experience this issue? Any leads on what to do next is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,969 Posts
@JT818 I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Perhaps the wiring diagram below will help. :wink:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Attachments

Reactions: JT818

·
Registered
2004 Forester 4 speed CVT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

@2.5x_sleeper problem solved!! I pulled the inside plastic panel behind the taillight. Finding the electrical connector that connects the power, the clip had came loose causing a bad poor connection. I was able to clip it back on and placed the connector on the clip that's fixed inside on the molding and done. Thank you again for the providing the diagram earlier.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts