Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hopefully i can get some help with this. So i embarked on the journey that is a auto to manny swap. Everything is done mechanically, me and a buddy followed wiring write ups on other forums and we think we have the wiring done.

The only problem now is that the car will crank but not start, not really sure what it could be or what the cause is, ive looked at all the connectors and they all look fine. If anyone have any insight it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,327 Posts
What year is the donor car and what year is the receiving car?

Any check engine light by chance to give a clue?
Immobiliser issue if the car has been unpowered for a while?

Assuming everything is connected properly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The receiving car is a automatic 2004 forester xt and im not sure on the year of the donor but the serial for the new trans is TY856WL8CD its a 6mt sg9 forester sti trans that i bought from jdmracingmotors, only one code being throw which is p0600 when the tcu is unplugged, car was running and driving before the swap, the nss is jumped according to diagrams from subaru.

·
Registered
2004 Forester Automatic
20 Posts
I know this post is old, did you ever rectify the issue?

I'm having a similar issue which i suspect is because I swapped the harness from the MT car over to the AT car and I don't have a TCU any more that the ECU is looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts