Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FORESTER XT AUTOMATIC
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m looking for an upgrade turbocharger for my forester Automatic, is there any turbo better than VF 39 or VF 43 maybe twin scroll, ball bearing? Cause i`m elp spending $1000 and I`m want the best turbo for my dollar to power ratio. Getting used VF turbo 39 or 43 may not be possible, high us/miles... Also need to know would VF 43 or other new turbo be used as with cobb accessport, and hope it doesnt destory my automatic tranny....

any help will be appricated....

thanks

·
Registered
2013 WRX Limited Manual
563 Posts
Depends on the goals of your build. You can easily find a nice used turbo, but if you don't trust others here or on nabisco, you might want to go new. Check you this thread if you haven't read about upgrading to STI turbos:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f87/how-go-faster-than-sti-cheap-8337/

Blouch (Blouch Turbo Inc. - Choose Blouch Turbo for your upgrade and rebuild needs)and forced performance (Forced Performance Turbochargers) both make a variety of great options which you will hear members debate about depending on your tuner and goals.

·
Registered
2004 FORESTER XT AUTOMATIC
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any difference between VF43 and Forced Performance Subaru WRX & STi 68HTA Turbo? which one is better, can my auto handle the ?power, and also can i use cobbtuning accessport

·
Registered
1997 Legacy GT
122 Posts
from the short list of stuff I've read the HTA68 is a fantastic turbo for under $1k...

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
from the short list of stuff I've read the HTA68 is a fantastic turbo for under $1k...
I agree with you 100%.This is best turbo for money-quick spooling and make a good power.Coated and shipped would be $940.I think that is price that my brother pay for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts