Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for my 2003 XS for LED headlights, tail lights or fogs? And for interior lighting? Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
647 Posts
@pbug56 I would take them all out and write down what they are and just look them up in cross references. Some companies will offer charts that show you what bulbs are specified for each location, but they are not always 100% accurate due to differences in trim levels, countries, etc.

In my 2007 XS, I used Philips bulbs everywhere, but there weren't good headlight options back then so I left the incandescent headlights (and foglights) in. In my 2018, same thing, except the light that comes on when you open the mirror on the visor isn't made by a main name brand (that I could find) so I used a no-name light for that, and I used Diode Dynamics XP80 amber LEDs for the turn signals because I found the Philips ones to not be very bright. I still have the Philips ones sitting around and I don't know what to do with them. Maybe a night light or something.

For the headlights and fog lights make sure you use something that has the LEDs in the same size and position the incandescent filament is in, so the light is focussed properly. Don't get the ones that are just big blobs covered with LEDs. My 2018 has steering-responsive LED headlights, and I put Philips 12794UNIX2 LEDs in for the fogs. The car has factory LED taillights.

I did put Philips LEDs in for the backups on the 2018, but now I'm wondering if I should have gone with Diode Dynamics there too, their XP50, for more brightness.

You'll also need a new blinker module if you use LED turn signals. I have the TapTurn one.

TapTurn - home

1 - 2 of 2 Posts