Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 X - A/T
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned about the benefits of keeping the MAF clean on my old Legacy. it was starting rough and eating gas and after some research I got a can of MAF/Throttle Body cleaner, cleaned the thing and the difference was incredible. It ran so much smoother, throttle response was snappy and gas mileage went back up to normal.

My new to me 2003 X has been having intermittent rough starts (taking extra turns to get going) and I figured I'd start by cleaning the MAF, but I can't find it. I've found it on several other vehicles no problem. It's a section of the air intake tube with a clip of wires going to it that can be removed to reveal and clean the sensor. I just don't see anything like that on my Fozzie's air cleaner assembly...and I don't have the repair manual yet. Am I missing something? :huh:

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
No MAF ..... 00 - 04 were MAP ... nothing to clean

·
Registered
2003 Forster XS Premium
15 Posts
That would explain it!

I was hoping for a cheap fix to the starting issue...oh well.
Mine was doing similar - I replaced the air filter with a NAPA Gold - seems to have helped a fair but - later I will test the resistance on the wires and replace the plugs and wires id they need to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts