Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. So I've searched and searched some more through the forums and internet in general. I've seen people talk about 235/70 16's but I can't seem to get a straight answer as to if they will fit my forester. My forester is a 2003 xs and I'm putting a 2" lift on it including trailing arm spacers. The wheels I want to use will be off of an 04 fxt and the tire I'm looking at is a Falken At3w 235/70 16. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Administrator
12,363 Posts
Check out the stickies at the top of this section of the forum.

Your tire size is limited by the spring perch, regardless of lift. Larger tires can be squeezed in but I stuck with 21565R16's when I had 16" wheels. There needs to be some allowance for tire flex and while you probably can get a larger tire in there it may hit the spring perch when flexing.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I plan to do a spare up top or on back. And yes my main concern is spring clearance. I think I've found a 225/70 16 I might be happy with. Still a fairly rugged tire but it should alleviate clearance issues. I'll be sure to post some pics soon.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys. Just an update. I ended up going with the falken wildpeak A/T Trails. 215/70 16's. They aren't on the car yet but I'm happy with the choice. They look way better in person than pics. Cant wait to give some on road reviews and offroad reviews.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
 Hey guys. I've had the superoo and wildpeak trails down a few trails. No pun. So far they have eaten everything I've thrown at them with more than expected ease. And I have not taken it that easy on them. No wear so far, very good mud traction, very good backroad traction. I've had it in sharp rock situations as well and so far no cutting on the tread or sidewall running around 25psi cold. Overall happy with the tires and lifting the forester has just been awesome in general. Installed a new timing kit today just for preventative measures. She's running like glass and ready for more.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts