Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
06 FXT-6MT happening
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the STi scoop and splitter combo offered in teh group buy over on Nasioc.
Installed the scoop today but quickly found out the splitter they sell as part of the package does NOT fit !!!:chair:

Does anyone know what splitter (aftermarket or otherwise) will work since i have a TurboXS top mount I want to run with the new found scoop glory?

Subtle?

Mine is a 2006 Foz

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,515 Posts
If you're talking about my post. I deleted it after seeing the OP wasn't running a stock TMIC, which my work around was for. :wink:

BTW, all posters have the option to "completely" delete their own post. :smile:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,515 Posts

·
Registered
06 FXT-6MT happening
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK so the Subtle is the only option but it requires hacking the thing up to make it work with an aftermarket top mount?
That prospect is a bit scary because those things are like $300.00 are they not?
Wow things just got a bit less fun in Foz world for me.....:icon_frown:

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
OK so the Subtle is the only option but it requires hacking the thing up to make it work with an aftermarket top mount?
That prospect is a bit scary because those things are like $300.00 are they not?
Subtle is very soft material, easily cut with a Dremel. This is part of the fun actually...

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
I know, it sounds scary...but like others said, it's not that bad. Remember, the rubber gasket material will hide any of your cutting flaws. :biggrin:

The splitter does fit some aftermarket intercoolers w/o modification. Perrin is one of hand that I can recall.

·
Registered
06 FXT-6MT happening
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys,.
I am just a little bit against paying $325.00+ Shipping for something that I have to cut to make work, and then still be left with something that does not "really" work.

The STi splitter I got with my hood scoop was only $169.00 or something like that, so I may just try and make that work.

The Subtle splitter is designed for use with the STi top mount as is the 2003 STi splitter so for half the cost, I can modify the STi unit with the same results I would presume.

I have half a mind to cut up the stock splitter and have my bro weld up something or even do some sheet metal fab and rivet it together.
At least that way, I am not out any money, just time and a bit of paint when it is all said and done.

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
Thanks guys,.
I am just a little bit against paying $325.00+ Shipping for something that I have to cut to make work, and then still be left with something that does not "really" work.

The STi splitter I got with my hood scoop was only $169.00 or something like that, so I may just try and make that work.

The Subtle splitter is designed for use with the STi top mount as is the 2003 STi splitter so for half the cost, I can modify the STi unit with the same results I would presume.

I have half a mind to cut up the stock splitter and have my bro weld up something or even do some sheet metal fab and rivet it together.
At least that way, I am not out any money, just time and a bit of paint when it is all said and done.
$325 w/ FREE SHIPPING :biggrin:

·
Registered
06 FXT-6MT happening
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I am sticking with the stock splitter for now, and I ordered up another used stock splitter that I am going to have my sheet metal buddy modify for the bigger IC.
If yours was a better fit for larger than stock IC's then I would consider it, but it is too rich for my blood given the fact it is designed for a stock STi top mount.
Thanks for the follow up.

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
Yeah I am sticking with the stock splitter for now, and I ordered up another used stock splitter that I am going to have my sheet metal buddy modify for the bigger IC.
If yours was a better fit for larger than stock IC's then I would consider it, but it is too rich for my blood given the fact it is designed for a stock STi top mount.
Thanks for the follow up.
Cool. No problem, we always try and follow up when we can remember. :biggrin:

Our splitter works for "STOCK" splitters but is designed for "LARGER" than stock intercoolers.

Your statement is a bit confusing: "If yours was a better fit for larger than stock IC's then I would consider it, but it is too rich for my blood given the fact it is designed for a stock STi top mount."

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
the sti tmic is a stock intercooler, just not on our cars ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts