Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just purchased my first car!!
a good old 03" forester, and im doing up the sound system because its a 20 yr old stock system.

ive purchased the head unit, speakers, dash cubby to put the head unit up top.

But im struggling to find parts in general, but more specifically parts to fill the now empty radio section.

Ive been looking for a single or double din pocket, and everywhere is sold out or doesn't stock anymore or doesn't ship to AUS.
Even a double din cover.

Any help with reliable, decent priced sellers or part numbers would be appreciated.

· Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
902 Posts
Welcome!

Check out wreckers near you. I picked up one of these, took a while to find tho. If you don't have that cupholder to the left, you can find one that maybe doesn't have that end bit on the left of the flip up door. You need to look for lower spec SGs that did not come with 2DIN radios.

Here's an example with an X being wrecked. I don't know which state you're in, but wreckers do tend to ship parts.

The second last photo shows the interior where there is a DIN pocket with flip lid and a 1DIN radio on top. Same mob posted just a few days ago, quite a few Foresters, similar interior with the flip lid pocket. WA, not sure what the heck is going on over there!

Aerpro also makes DIN pockets as an example, to take up the 1DIN spot on top.

Haven't quite finished mine yet, but this is what I got so far...

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

Check out wreckers near you. I picked up one of these, took a while to find tho. If you don't have that cupholder to the left, you can find one that maybe doesn't have that end bit on the left of the flip up door. You need to look for lower spec SGs that did not come with 2DIN radios.

View attachment 550675

Here's an example with an X being wrecked. I don't know which state you're in, but wreckers do tend to ship parts.

The second last photo shows the interior where there is a DIN pocket with flip lid and a 1DIN radio on top. Same mob posted just a few days ago, quite a few Foresters, similar interior with the flip lid pocket. WA, not sure what the heck is going on over there!

View attachment 550676
Thats the set up im looking for. ive ordered everything, hope it all fits together. just need the din pocket. looks great

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what din pocket is that in your last p
Welcome!

View attachment 550675

View attachment 550676
What din pocket is that in your last photo?

· Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
902 Posts
What din pocket is that in your last photo?
The one with the tissues? For some reason I think it was a Metra:

Looks suspiciously like the Aerpro one I linked to earlier... :unsure:

But I bought that maybe four or five years ago. Note you can't really store much in it, and it's not very deep. I don't have a real solution for my phone when it's plugged in. I'm thinking of turning the cigarette lighter under the radio into a USB port and then place the phone in that netted pocket in the front passenger's footwell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts