Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5 XS 5spd
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls. Sold my 21 forester sport to a dealer and picking up a super clean one owner 80k bone stock 5spd 03 sg 2.5 XS. Now I already have a radio and back up cam to install right away but cannot find a double din install kit. Am I going to have to modify the radio bezel or is there something I can use to install. I tried doing a search but everything is old with dead links or pictures. Can anyone please help me out and point me in the right direction. PS gonna attach some pics of the car also.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light
Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Cloud
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle White Automotive design Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Fixture

·
Registered
2009 FXT
236 Posts
I believe you can just remove the brackets from your OEM stereo and install them on your new double din deck.
Your existing stereo is double din, bezel should fit around new deck

Here is a double din installed.
You will want to get a stereo wire harness install kit
Gear shift Car Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
59 Posts
You can get a pre wired harness for your car and brand of radio from auto harness house to make the installation even simpler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
1,142 Posts
Personally, I find the removal of the bezel a bit unnerving. Especially around the vents...

Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can get a pre wired harness for your car and brand of radio from auto harness house to make the installation even simpler.

There isn’t many options for this gen for some reason

Personally, I find the removal of the bezel a bit unnerving. Especially around the vents...

Good luck!
Any tips would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
455 Posts
@Bmejia Fortunately you have an XS with the auto climate control so the HVAC controls are all plug n play. It's much more difficult on a base model SG with the mechanical cables. Pretty sure Crutchfield still sells harnesses for the SG.

Reactions: GuusV

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
59 Posts
Just purchased a harness for my 03 XS from the previously mentioned company(via amazon), pre wired for the car at one end and my pioneer nex double din on the other end. Radio bolts in place of the factory radio with no adapters needed. You will just need to select the correct mounting holes in the factory radio brackets to adjust the radio front to back. Buy some cheap plastic trim removal tools. Shifter trim/ashtray first, two screws then trim tools starting at the sides of the vents, then top, then work your way down the sides towards the screws you removed. Disconnect e-flasher switch and hvac panel and go from there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@DieselFiend1989 Can you please send me the link to the harness you purchased and thank you I will read this a few times before removing lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone have the wiring diagram for the radio harness. The radio I have colors don’t match the metrs plug so want to just wire it manually. Before anyone asks I got the radio for free it’s a no name Amazon radio with CarPlay lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts