Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the bolts are for the disassembly of the roofrails? My left front part is loose (probably some water got under it, and it was lifted by frost... had -31° recently) and I can't find the bolts that hold it in place. It's only cosmetic/aerodynamic, but still I'd prefer to have it done... pics would be much appreciated!

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
The owners manual explains the details of how to remove & install the roof rack parts. We just took the rails off my wife's Forester.....was pretty easy.....it's all in the manual. ;)

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
The whole assembly?

I think the bolts are underneath the ceiling cover thing

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
under the ceiling cover?

Ouch. Thats a lot of work for some cosmetic surgery... thanks for the information, I'll have to live with a tiny slot under the front left roofrails plastic cover then... this is not worth the effort.

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
vavrath said:
Ouch. Thats a lot of work for some cosmetic surgery... thanks for the information, I'll have to live with a tiny slot under the front left roofrails plastic cover then... this is not worth the effort.
If you just take the cross rails off....it's pretty easy actually, I like the look with them removed personally.......we had to get the dealer to order the keys for the locks however, which took about 2 weeks. ;)

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
Lexusfreak - I believe the question pertains to the rails which run down the length of the roof, (which do require removal of the headliner to adjust) not the cross bars, which are really easy to remove.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
Attached .pdf​

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MANY THANKS ferret!!

That was just what I was looking for. :grin: :grin: :grin: I will try to fix it tonight and will report the results. Hope nothing was damaged by the pressure of the ice...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Now the million dollar question is does anybody make inserts to replace the roof rails with?

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
While I doubt the parts are identical, there is such an insert for the impreza wagon. If you head over to NASIOC and search, you should be able to find a bunch of threads about it. (sorry for being vague, i haven't looked into this in ages)

·
Registered
46 Posts
blitzoid said:
While I doubt the parts are identical, there is such an insert for the impreza wagon. If you head over to NASIOC and search, you should be able to find a bunch of threads about it. (sorry for being vague, i haven't looked into this in ages)
The wagon inserts do not fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts