Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just bought a new Subaru, it's a low mileage 2003 standard X model from a friends father, the friends father however, could not park!
I have bought donor bumpers from XS model to sort the scratches on all four corners, and have got the front fog lights as well, I have also got the dash fog light switch.
I can see a fuse in the dash, what else should I need as the lights are not coming on or on the switch.

I presume the loom is the same on all models but with different things plugged in for options?

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,379 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know which relay it is? I can see a bank to the left of the inside fuses (RHD) but not sure which socket to use, if I knew which type of relay to use even I could try them all... part number?

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
36,379 Posts

·
Administrator
36,379 Posts
@Kevin the wiring looks pretty close, most likely altered for the local... country requirements. Your wiring actually looks to be simplified, as the headlight system doesn't appear to be part of the fog light system!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2003 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The pin-out for the available sockets seem different to the part number above? Any idea which relay socket is which from the photo?
20191212_174046.jpg

·
Administrator
36,379 Posts
@StevioBee this is where it could get complicated! Subaru used 2 different type relays in the earlier models. Searching the internet, what I see matches what I posted on that RockAuto link.

Your '03 is RHD, whereas here in the States, we're LHD & the wiring is different, as noted by the wiring diagrams posted in the previous posts. In addition, fog lights were standard on the '03 X here in the States, as you saw on the cars101.com - 2003 link that I posted on an earlier post.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts