Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0 X
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm a first time Forester owner and I recently acquired a 2003 model that has an issue with the power locking.

The "lock all" button on the drivers door works perfectly but when unlocking using the key, only the drivers door will unlock - the buttons on the key don't work either.

Has anyone had similar issues that could possibly help me out?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
612 Posts
You may need to press twice for all unlock if you are not. I have an 09 and that's how it works with mine, yours may vary

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,869 Posts
@SDMcC welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Perhaps different in your Country, but here in the States, on the '03, using the key to unlock the driver's door only unlocks that door, it's not tied to the keyless entry or security system.

It appears you may have other issue? First, is your remote fob in the picture below?

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0 X
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bobby and thanks for the welcome!
That is interesting info and kinda confirmed my hunch that the key doesn't unlock all doors because as I turned it, I felt no resistance like I do with my other car.

Here is my key:

The remote buttons aren't working, I tried your advice from another thread - turning on / off 10 times, but I didn't hear the horn. I tested the battery in the key and its pretty weak so I'll get a new one and try again.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,887 Posts
Remote locking systems do tend to be different in different countries due to local regulations regarding use of the radio frequency spectrum.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,572 Posts
First off have you looked through your owners manual to check out the door locking features for the European model?
The RHD UK cars are slightly different having double locking doors and the integrated sigma alarm system fitted which converts the key from double to single button.

If your key fob battery was fairly low in power you may need to re-register the key(s) to the cars keyless entry system.(section 23 in attached pdf link below)
You may also have blown fuse(s), so check.

Here are the wiring digrams for the LHD model and the security and locks system info

MY03 Forester - Security and Locks pdf

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0 X
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your key fob battery was fairly low in power you may need to re-register the key(s) to the cars keyless entry system.(section 23 in attached pdf link below)
You may also have blown fuse(s), so check.
MY03 Forester - Security and Locks pdf
Thanks for this Don, I appreciate your help. I'll get a new battery tomorrow and try to re-register my key.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,869 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts