Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 subaru forester cross sports
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Il running info problems getting answers regarding tuning of my 2003 forester crosssports . Its drive by wire which seems to be the issue. Ecu lab wont do it and im not sure about ecutek tuners in vancouver. Still waiting for an answer from drivehard in richmond. I want the software for myself to use but it seems like its proprietary. I need a tune with my mods so i am willing to send my ecu out to get remapped. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am a fellow Canadian with a recently acquired 2003 Cross Sports.

From what I have been told; "JDM SG5's were the first year of canbus. MOST of the SG5 ej205 ECU's end in 571 or 572 of which are not able to be open source tuned."

That being said, I've been told that ECU Lab in the UK would be able to do it if you ship your ECU. But I'm ideally hoping to find something here in Canada.

If you have any breakthroughs, please let me know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to send it to them ( i had even paid for the software) but they said it could not be done as my throttle is drive by wire. I tried two ecutek tuners in vancouver and one in squamish that could not do it. I have ben speaking with the ecutek sales guy in britian who thought that i may be able to send it to a tuner in the u.s. inspoke with a guy at deliciious tuning in california. Thier web site hasna remote tune option wherebyou data log a few road runs i suppose, and then send them the info and after a few back and forth adjustments the car should be good. Im not super confident that they can do this since no other ecutek tuners will touch it. With the liscense, proecu kit , total was going to be 1250 u.s. the other option i looked into is a total ecu wire loom piggyback through iwire. You take out your ecu wire loom send it to them and they add on a drive by cable loop from the throttle area. Then you install a new intake manifold witha new drive by cable assembly on iy, install a new peddle with a cable to thottle. After that you get a new ecu ( i think) and then have eculabs program it. Install afr wideband. Then tune it with an opensource software program through a tactrix cable . Sound fun?
Im at a bit of a crossroads but im not quitting yet. I wont take no for an answer since ive put a bunch of stuff on my car already and have more plans.
Where are you located ? Hopefully you are as stubborn as i am

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already had a ssm tactrix cable made so i can access the ecu in rom . Obd2 is not going to work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts