Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
03 X , set up for fun
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, first time posting, im pretty new here. I have an 03 2.5X, apprears that i need a new driver window master switch. Every window works fine off of its own switch, but drive switch got driver window down and left it there, and controls passenger front just fine. This is my only vehicle at the moment and i have a ragher chili commute at 4am, (its 10pm now, thought i knew what to do and would be done by 8) , plus i just spent 4 weeks installing a custom audio system that i got way in over my head on that I would really like not to get stolen.
Ive had quite a few people tell to "give power to the motor wires, one way is down and one will go up"
So i tried, while asking for help along the way, but there were things lost in translation j guess, so i just went for it how thought they ment and nothing.
Does anyone know how to do this? If so could i please have a quick step by step besides what i put above, i couldn't even get the wire harness to come off of the motor, but couldn't get a straight answer on that also. I think i see the release pin, but its not releasing so....
If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
04 forester 5mt N/A, 17 impreza at N/A
100 Posts
If the window motor is shot it won’t be able to be hot wired to roll up. Best shot is to try and slowly push the window up and place a stick in the door pocket to hold the window up or removed the window from the track for the regulator.
should help to show how to remove it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts