Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'19 Forester LTD CVT
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the rust has finally claimed my 2003 Forester, so it's time for a complete part out. I'll list the major parts but just inquire about anything else you are interested in. Prices are OBO. There are plenty of good panels, it is just mostly underbody rust that is beyond what I feel comfortable repairing that made me part out the car.

It's a 2003 Forester 5MT XS with the premium package with the two tone silver (ice silver? spark silver?). Body Colored panels all around. I have more photos of pretty much every individual part but am not able to upload them all. I can get them to you if you want. I'm not going to ship the heavy large/stuff as the price and difficulty involved will be too much. Shipping is NOT included in any prices.

Grimmspeed Blue Lightweight Crank Pulley - $75

Kartboy Pitch Stop Mount - $60

Subaru OEM 5 speed manual transmission with rear differential - $300. I’m pretty sure the center diff is on it's way out (not sure why, tires were always matched properly) as after a long drive, there is some torque bind at low speeds. Gears and shifting is good, so if you've got a 5 speed with blown gears, you may be able to swap that center diff into this transmission. Transmission fluid was changed regularly, and just had Mobil Delvac put in it about 2 hours before I found the rust.

4 Used SG (03-08) Forester Springs - $40. Approximately 70K miles on these. Good for those who want springs or to lift a WRX or lower mileage springs for your old forester. Again, I know these can be swapped to other years besides SG forester, but not which ones off the top of my head.

Rear disc brake knuckles/hub with new Timken Japanese wheel bearings and seals installed at 110K miles (so 15K miles on the bearings!) with the parking brake disc brake gear, parking brake cable, parking brake level, and working ABS sensors installed. This is the entire bearing housing, spindle, wheel bearing, etc that the suspension bolts into. Great for a rear disc brake swap or a quicker bearing job. Parking brakes functions normally and was serviced when I did the bearing replacement. They will also come with 2008 Legacy GT Spec B Rear calipers with caliper bracket (same as LGT rear brakes AFAIK). No rotors or pads, will come with pins lubed up - $150 for the both sides. Only other thing you should need is pads/rotors to get this up and working.

Passenger’s side front knuckle/hub. OEM bearings with a new OEM balljoint with approximately 25,000 miles on it. $40 for the passenger’s side, driver’s side is free (the through bolt for the driver’s side balljoint rounded off during disassembly, you can drill it out/scrap it/make wall art out of it, whatever you want).

Leather Interior. Front and rear seats (driver's heated seat works intermittently, passengers is fine last time I tested it). Driver's seat with some wear on side but not ripped. All other seats need some cleaning but in good shape - $250

Tail Lights - $60 for the pair, currently have LED reverse bulbs in them for more light when backing up!

Eagle High Output Alternator. 200 AMP cold output, 3 wire control, for Saab 9-2 x 2005 2.0L H4/Subaru Impreza H4 2.0L 2002-2005/Impreza 2002-2003 2.5Liter per the guy who makes and sells these, but likely fits other models too. BRAND NEW. $120

EVO Prosport gauges (white/green) with sensors and some adapters and wiring harnesses. Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp. I can’t find the water temp sensor but that is $17+ shipping (lowered price now) $120

Forester OEM Double Din Gauge/Radio Housing - $50

Radiator Fans - $40

AC Condensor - $20

Axles - $40 for a front axle (40K and 20K), $20 for a rear axle (120K)

EJ25 with a MAP and non EGR with 125K miles on it. Left head gaskets done at 75K miles and right head gasket done at 104K miles both @ Morrie's Minnetonka with associated valve gaskets and parts. Timing belt done at 102K miles with a Gates USA belt and all Gates Japanese idlers and tensioners (not the Chinese ones they sell now) and an Aisin Japanese Water pump. This will include the alternator, power steering pump (replaced at 104K miles), AC pump, tensioners, intake manifold, oil pan, plastic intake, etc. Basically I'm selling it as a drop in motor. Oil changes done every 2,800-3,500 miles using a Wix or OEM filter with the 23 PSI bypass valve and a quality oil. NGK Iridium Spark plug and NGK wires done at 75K miles and the wires are in great shape, the plugs are due for changing in 10K miles. Only OEM subaru coolant used and regular air intake and fuel filter changes. $700

·
Registered
2008 Forester AT
23 Posts
I would love the seat but I am too far away to come pick them up... and they're probably a pain to ship out. But good luck!

·
Super Moderator
'19 Forester LTD CVT
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thread has been updated and everything should be current. Also should have replied to all PMs!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.