Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek 6MT, looking to order a 2022 Forester Wilderness in Autumn Mist green
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 98 R/H drive 2.0 Forester was priced Too High in my mind, dealer wanted $8K and wasn't interested in dealing below that...

Turns out that the vehicle has been driven for several months as a demo( so what started out as sounding like a great buy with 65K on it has grow to 80 plus K.

So for what he was asking have found a 2003 Forester 2.5SX 5 spd gear box, with 94,000 original KMS, No accidents, asking $ 7,495, does this sound realistic price wise, and does anybody out there have any real world experience with what one could expect fuel economy wise or not!

Look forward to your response.

Chris

·
Registered
2003 Forester 4 Speed automatic
61 Posts
I found my 2003 X with 72,000 miles for 6,000 from a dealer..
On the subject of fuel economy I get about 260 miles per tank driving with a rather heavy foot.
As I've been told here the timing belt/ water pump/ tensioners/ have to be done at 105k so just keep in mind you'll be shelling out perhaps 300 in parts (if bought from the dealer) and another 300 in labor depending where you go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.