Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I crashed my 2003 Subaru Forester xt jdm busted the rad but other then that the motor is fine. 5k km before I crashed the car I got all the seals, gaskets, timing belt, coil packs, injectors replaced. The car was written off but I’ve found a cross sport same year with the same motor to an extent but I don’t know to what extent. Does anyone one here know about the differences? Should I swap the motor or just sell my motor and put money into the cross sport motor? The xt motor has 70k km and the cross sport motor has 80k km. I thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this situation. Very much appreciated! Thinking about buying the cross sport this week if this can workout in some way.
xt

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
471 Posts
Well that sucks.
But good news you have a perfect donner car with everything you need for a proper swap. Ecu, wiring, tranny, even the xt exhausts.
I'm pretty sure same year cars will be a simple bolt in.

If not others would chime in telling me how much of dork I am.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to a local guy about the swap told me to just keep the intake manifold and turbo from the crossport and then just swap the rest over from xt and then reuse the rad from the crossport since the xts is damaged ovs. Should be real nice but now I’m wondering about tuning it I hear it’s hard but I wanna know exactly how hard haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts