Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking around trying to find ways to make my 2003 XS forester sound good without being too loud, but i also have a dream of either installing a flamethrower kit or just making my car shoot flames without one. I've been doing lots of research on performance parts in general for my car and can barely find any so if anyone has any good sites with performance parts for an NA 2003 XS please let me know. Tangent aside, I have been thinking about either taking my cats out and just straight piping it, doing something I saw on YouTube where you just hammer out the filter like stuff out of the stock cats and put them back in, or buying a catback system. But I don't really know brands and stuff or if I'm getting good deals or not. Plus im on a pretty tight budget since I'm still in high school and decided to pick possibly one of the most expensive hobbies. And as of today I heard of someone cutting the rear most cat out but leaving the others and avoiding an engine code. But they said it was for 06+. Anyone got any suggestions on what to do or what systems to buy? All I have is a DC Sports muffler from Advanced Auto. I really like the sound and everything about it but that dream of shooting fireballs is making me okay to change the sound a bit.

·
Administrator
12,693 Posts
G'day & Welcome aboard! While I can appreciate the enthusiasm of youth before you do anything I would suggest you check on the road worthiness rules within your area ;-)

performance parts for an NA 2003 XS
May be an oxymoron but check these out:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll look into some of the laws but I know that it's really loose where I am. Theres a ton of trucks that cut their pipes off underneath right before the cats so it seems like almost everything is fair game. I appreciate the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts