Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am new to this board and to foresters but not subarus. I have had 18 subarus mainly 80s and 90s and then 2000-2008 outbacks.

I have currently gotten a 2003 forester xs automatic. The person had pulled the shifter it appears with using the interlock over ride release. It would not go into reverse or park, i figured all the out and fixed the shifter and also got another shifter as well.

The problem i have now is that i cannot get power to the soleniod in either of the shifters i try. I have checked all fuses inside and under the hood, also i do have all brake lights working.

Ps my current stable includes 1988 XT6, 2002 Legacy gt, 2006 (223,000 miles) & 2008 (just over 100,000 miles) still young, lol) Outbacks.

I am not sure what else to check. Thank for any help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is the automatic shift lock soleniod.

Its a 2003 xs

Thank you, i have tried what things i could find doing a search here already. Trying to reach out for something else or if i missed something on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.