Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am new to this board and to foresters but not subarus. I have had 18 subarus mainly 80s and 90s and then 2000-2008 outbacks.

I have currently gotten a 2003 forester xs automatic. The person had pulled the shifter it appears with using the interlock over ride release. It would not go into reverse or park, i figured all the out and fixed the shifter and also got another shifter as well.

The problem i have now is that i cannot get power to the soleniod in either of the shifters i try. I have checked all fuses inside and under the hood, also i do have all brake lights working.

Ps my current stable includes 1988 XT6, 2002 Legacy gt, 2006 (223,000 miles) & 2008 (just over 100,000 miles) still young, lol) Outbacks.

I am not sure what else to check. Thank for any help!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,981 Posts
@Naz53 I see this is your forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Is that the AT Shift Lock Solenoid that you can't get power to? :confused:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is the automatic shift lock soleniod.

Its a 2003 xs

Thank you, i have tried what things i could find doing a search here already. Trying to reach out for something else or if i missed something on here.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,981 Posts
@Naz53 perhaps this will help with your troubleshooting. What appears to be pretty simple gets complicated with the insertion of the BIU - Body Integrated Unit... also called Body Integrated Module! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts