Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2.0 XT 2003
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just bought a 2003 FXT 2.0 ej20 8 months ago(it was 122k km, always serviced ahead of time in official mechanic from subaru). lately I have been experiencing a rattle when i rev the engine, while stopped. it rattles between 3000 and 2000 rpm, when i take the foot out and it returns to idle. Does anyone experienced this before?

Apart from that, I also experienced 2 or 3 times in highway a shaking in the direction and on the car itself, when accelerating past 120 kph. It's kind of strange as it only shakes sometimes, with a lot of drives in between, where it did not shake, even at much higher speeds. I can even see the bonnet shaking through the windscreen!! please let me know if you know smtg about this!

·
Registered
2.0 XT 2003
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I already solved the shaking, it was a lot of mud accumulated inside the wheels, that was not going away in the car wash. Since it uses hot water, it cooked the mud and turned out clay inside the wheels, completely solid.

No advances with the rattling, it endures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.