1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 S-Turbo Manual
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry for the long thread title, lol.

I am parting out my GT-B TT and was wondering what parts I could use on my 2002 Forester S-Turbo.

The Legacy has 4 pot calipers and discs off an STi, would these fit the Forester?

Also have a Ganador backbox, a hayward and scott de-cat pipe. Will any of these bits bolt on.

I know that the Zerosports airfilter should fit so I will give that a try.

Thanks for any help received.

·
Registered
2000 S-Turbo Manual
118 Posts
I think you need 18" wheels for 4-pots/discs (some 17's will just manage).

The rest? I've no idea!

A

·
0 Posts
4 pots and discs will fit straight on, downpipe won't fit being twin turbo and your air filter will also fit..
Rear box will fit but will need some mods on the hangers..
Andy

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Most parts won't fit, those that will have been listed, the cylinder heads will fit (Hybrid of WRX and STi parts) as will the base engine internals (forged pistons as STi) but not the block AIUI.

It seems probable the suspension struts will fit, would suggest a post in the suspension thread for suggestions on that but the opposed forces show they are similar mac struts. For example the rear lateral links are the same between Imp/Leg and Foz and rear tophat is the same as Foz (based on UK models) so if the Legacy is an estate you could have a tasty lowering kit there as the GTB has the better Bilstein logo'd suspension (still produced by KYB AIUI but under 'licence'). Leg front and rear hubs are the same as Foz as well - First dibs if your selling?

Simon

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Simon would the GT-B suspension be lower than an S/tb?
STB is the same ride height as UK Foz (all the same bits!), Impreza parts will drop a Foz by about 2", as the Leggy is heavier than the Impreza/Foz, i would guess the drop at about 1.75"

2nd Gen legacy
(02-04 Impreza) Bug eye coilovers will fit, Rear is perfect and the front will bolt up perfectly but the camber adjustment will be off about 5 degrees
may need camber bolts!

Other part that may fit is the lower suspension arms, is it ally like some Impreza or steel, if its ally, its worth having!

Nice link Mark, although it refers to classic leggy, not sure of the changes from classic to the next one, although its a 'facelift' not a new car which was introduced in 1999.

Simon

·
Registered
1999 S-Turbo Manual
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies chaps.

I am selling the Bilsteins so if anyone's interested PM me. Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts