Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Subaru forester xt 2002 and lately I got a engine check light and the car has no power and has a misfire now and the check light will go away and car will run ok but comes back and cause the same issue pull out a scan it said throttle position sensor malfunction and I change out the throttle body did a idle relearn and problem still came back

·
Registered
2002 Forester Base EJ25, 5MT swap
25 Posts
I got a Subaru forester xt 2002 and lately I got a engine check light and the car has no power and has a misfire now and the check light will go away and car will run ok but comes back and cause the same issue pull out a scan it said throttle position sensor malfunction and I change out the throttle body did a idle relearn and problem still came back
So you changed out the whole TB or just the TPS? Regardless, did you check that the TPS was set and adjusted properly? It made a HUGE difference for me when i found my TPS to be improperly installed. After cleaning and proper positioning, the lurching/bucking that felt like a misfire disappeared completely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you changed out the whole TB or just the TPS? Regardless, did you check that the TPS was set and adjusted properly? It made a HUGE difference for me when i found my TPS to be improperly installed. After cleaning and proper positioning, the lurching/bucking that felt like a misfire disappeared completely.
I changed the whole TPS my car is drive by wire so I changed out the throttle body

·
Registered
2002 Forester Base EJ25, 5MT swap
25 Posts
I have a drive-by-cable throttle, so completely different than what you're dealing with. My next suggestion would be to check all your major grounding points and make sure they are clean and secure. Check for corrosion at the grounding points and in the cable. A light sanding of all contact points to ensure good contact and conductivity wouldn't hurt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.