Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a noise coming from my engine that comes and goes frequently. Normally it's around for a few seconds then goes away. There's no real pattern to it, it's random but it happens every time I drive. I've owned my Forester for about a year now and I can't say if it's been making this noise the entire time in my ownership or the point at which I first started noticing it. It's mainly noticeable when driving at slower speeds around town ad especially noticeable when the engines warm and I'm stationary at traffic lights. It can only be described as a low pitched 'warble'.

Engine has 110k kms and is stock. Manual 5 Spd
Oil changed about 4k kms ago and is at proper level
Timing belt and water pump done at 101k kms

Can anyone help or give me any pointers in diagnosis? I was thinking power steering but turning the wheel either way at slow speeds or when stationary doesn't bring it on. It's driving me insane!

Thanks in advance
Ben

2002 JDM SG5 XT EJ207

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester
2,388 Posts
Can you record and post a recording of this sound. It's difficult if impossible to help without hearing this sound. Does it sound like a rattle (Exhaust heat shield) which is common. Does it happen with the clutch to the floor or not?

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester
2,388 Posts
@Benmon3000
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Note that your thread(s) could be closed if your "Public Profile" is not completed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts