Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Flat 6 5MT 4.44
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought these from japanparts.com. Easy to install thanks to the write up on here. I'm sure I'm the only fozz in my area with these.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349658275.147309.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349658296.749570.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349658312.188814.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349658328.420205.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349658343.310085.jpg

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Flat 6 5MT 4.44
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With shipping and full insurance it was around $330. That's also with a 10% discount they were having at the time I bought them. I know it's crazy that they cost so much but to me with no AC it was well worth it.

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,720 Posts
i liked them when i had them on my past civic. i love, love, love to drive with my windows opens especially even when it's rainy or snowy. but those were much larger.

as thin as they are, do they help in the rain when the windows are cracked open?

(Sent from my Android via Tapatalk)

·
<3 my Subaroo
1998 Forester XTi Automagic
158 Posts
Well my dog would love them more than me but $330 just to open the windows when it rains is kinda steep!

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,720 Posts
^
that's a fourth of the price of the bumper cover i've been wanting to order from them.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
476 Posts
i liked them when i had them on my past civic. i love, love, love to drive with my windows opens especially even when it's rainy or snowy. but those were much larger.

as thin as they are, do they help in the rain when the windows are cracked open?

I had in-channel visors on my truck, those were fantastic. I have the JDM Subaru visors on my Legacy (just like the Forester pieces) and they are not even close to being functional for their price. They look nice though, for sure.

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,353 Posts
I have these, the way they tape on, the tape wears out fast from the elements. I need to peel mine off, clean the surfaces and remount them. Otherwise for the price difference, I wouldn't consider the Subaru ones.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5spd
167 Posts
Hot diggity, that is a great price. Did you notice much wind noise with these?

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
Yes, there is increased wind nois over 60mph, and the jdm ones are secured with 3m double sided tape and 5 metal fastener/side that snap into place.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
Yes, there is increased wind nois over 60mph, and the jdm ones are secured with 3m double sided tape and 5 metal fastener/side that snap into place.
Yeah the JDM visors are really much better in quality and attachment than most other visors I have seen. I really like mine. I got mine from a local performance parts retailer: BuddsAutoParts - Looking for auto parts Budd's is where to start - Homepage . They bring in JDM parts reasonably often to keep the visors in stock if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Manual
58 Posts
I have tried both the cheap knock-offs and the genuine product.

The cheap ones were exactly that. Cheap. Bought them for $94AUD including shipping. They were very hard to mount because they were so flimsy and never quite looked right. I do like everything to have that 'factory' look about it though... Ended up taking them off pretty soon after and selling them off for a crisp $50.

I then bought some genuine ones. Subaru Australia don't even stock them anymore so went through a guy on here. I think it was about $245AUD posted but there is no comparison. They click into place perfectly (so they're even on both sides) and tape on for extra seal. The material is durable and they look fantastic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts