Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 n/a n/a
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I don't know if this is in the right area of the forum or not so my apologies, just need a little advice! Here's the link for the car.

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

·
Registered
2014 Forester 6-speed manual
111 Posts
Hi everyone I don't know if this is in the right area of the forum or not so my apologies, just need a little advice! Here's the link for the car.

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
Make sure the synchros don't grind in any of the gears; some of the 2002s had weaker transmissions than later '02s and '03s. I'm always a little leery of modified cars, but this one appears to be lightly modded. It would still make me a little leery. Also, ask the owner if the fluids have been changed regularly i.e. coolant, brake fluid, clutch fluid, trans. fluid and diff. fluid., not to mention spark plugs, brake pad thickness, struts ever replaced etc...always a good idea to run a carfax on it too. If it has a salvage title, I'd walk away.

I also think the price is quite a bit too high considering the car is 12 years old and has rust in a few spots and a cracked bumper, even though it does have reasonable miles on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts