Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW I love this sight! I have a 2002 forester with almost 300k miles on it; it runs like a champ, however the heater/AC fan quit working just a couple days ago. I replaced the 2 15 amp fuses in the dash fuse box, even though the originals weren't visibly bad, no change. When I flip the fan switch I hear a clicking noise right be hind the fuse box but nothing more happens. It won't work on any setting, 1,2,3,4, etc...I'm curious if anybody has run into this before, and if so could anybody point me toward the possible culprit...and where to find it...THANKS!!

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
The fan is pretty easy to pull out. It may be seized or have debris stuck in it, or maybe the brushes are worn out after 300k! It's on the passenger side in the footwell, 3 screws hold it into the housing. The one on the backside can be a bugger without the right screwdriver.

If you can't get it out you can at least pull the plug off the motor and see if you're getting 12v to the connector when the fan switch is turned on. If you are, then you know the problem is in the motor itself. I wouldn't be afraid of getting a junkyard one as they usually last the life of the car.

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
yeah, probably the motor with all speeds dead. checking the connector for voltage should verify that.

it's also common for one speed (low?) to quit working and have to replace the "blower resistor".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts