Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad raised me as a Toyota Landcruiser driver, I recently got a 2002 Forester for the MPG. I have seen a few Landcruisers with the back windows replaced by a gullwing, metal panel that hinges like the back door. Do you know of anyone who has done something similar with Foresters? I want to replace my back drivers side window, I don't ever look out of it while I drive, and it would offer more insulation, and storage capacities than glass does. I haven't been able to find anything in searches on the Forum or on Google. If you don't know of this being done, does anyone have any tips for doing it?

I would include the links to sites selling gullwings for other vehicles, but I am apparently too new.

search landcruiserproduct / windows

search frontrunneroutfitters / storage-systems / gullwing

search Emu Wing

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd imagine those are pretty good reasons, lol. All things considered, I'd rather have an access point than the radio, I use bluetooth more than anything.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,946 Posts
Sounds like a complicated fabrication... for appearance & functionality. Perhaps you could contact one of those manufacturers to see if they'd make one for a Forester... your Forester! :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts