Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted to create a cold air intake for my forester sf5 non-turbo and encountered 3 tubes going into the air filter box on the left and right side. Can someone explain to me the purpose of these tubes?

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,870 Posts
What do you hope to gain creating a "CAI" for the SF? You basically need to retain/mimic those connections. I don't physically have my 2001 SF in front of me to tell you where those go and they are not common across all vehicles. Doubtful you will gain any performance other than a slight increase in noise.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,411 Posts
@S. Ubaru perhaps you could post a picture of those hoses in question?

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.

Note that your thread could be closed until you fill out your Public Profile"!
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
473 Posts
You're probably looking at the crankcase ventilation hoses. You'll need to keep those, or reroute them to a catch can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts