Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester L 5MT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run into this on their SF? I installed 215/70/r15 Geolander G015 tires and love them except for the fact that the spare doesn't fit well in the well: it sits too high and the floor doesn't lie flat over it. I deflated it to ~15 PSI and it still won't fit flush.

I've read on this forum that this size should fit in the spare well. I'm curious - has anyone run into this issue? I'm considering going to a body shop to ask them to "massage" the well to make the tire fit, any inclination for whether this would work or is a good idea? Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 Forester
529 Posts
Has anyone run into this on their SF? I installed 215/70/r15 Geolander G015 tires and love them except for the fact that the spare doesn't fit well in the well: it sits too high and the floor doesn't lie flat over it. I deflated it to ~15 PSI and it still won't fit flush.

I've read on this forum that this size should fit in the spare well. I'm curious - has anyone run into this issue? I'm considering going to a body shop to ask them to "massage" the well to make the tire fit, any inclination for whether this would work or is a good idea? Thanks!
Makes sense it does not fit. Stock at 15" rim was 205/70R15. You have a much wider tire. Even my stock is 215/60R16.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 Forester L 5MT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts