Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester manual
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah that was a pretty stupid statement LOL! yeah the New XT and the supercharged subie def are not gas mizers. Its so hard not to give it the beans and let er rip! I am now looking to create a cooler box for the AWIC reservoir/beer to help in the summer months. :grin2:
I have to make new spacers for the front skid plate to clear the header etc.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,700 Posts
Actually, I still keep an eye on how quickly the tank needs to be refilled, just to make sure something has changed that needs to be investigated.

I like to feel the acceleration G's & I have a heavy right foot, so no tracking the miles per gallon for me!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2001 Forester manual
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey Bobby, any suggestions on motor/tranny mounts? Im getting way too much flex! The car is holding up wonderfully, it definitely is a low end beast! My sons asked me to get on it in front of the house when I was heading out to work. So i did a rolling take off and the front wheels came off the ground! hah! the look on all of our faces was priceless!
V/R
Jimmy

also
I have to start reading your fsxt modding journal. My 04 needs some help.

·
Super Moderator
35,700 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,700 Posts
This old thread might have some good :poop::

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2001 Forester manual
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
hey guys, Just an update. The Forester is still running like a top! No probs so far and Ive added a snorkel! i should be taking the car up to Asheville and getting a new clutch built to handle the torque . All improvements are goin toward the 05 FXT and improving the airflow and cooling. next will be the ground effects and wheels/tires. Funny but I guess my dive habits have changed and Im getting around 24 mpg with both the turbo 05 and the super charged 01.

·
Registered
2001 Forester manual
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey Bobby, I probably will once i start getting parts and start the mods. I have my bud that s finishing his FXT and we will start in on my car. It definitely will be easier than the super charged subie.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts