Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have an 01 Forester and last Thursday I drove it and it was fine aside from a sputtering problem that just returned 10 or 12 days ago. Friday eve I went to start it and it wouldn't run. It turns over but can't run. I got it to putt a few seconds but that was it. It has spark, I put a new CPS in and I checked the fuel line. Gas did come out of the line when the key was on but I'm wondering about actual pressure. The gas came out in a steady stream but it wasn't exactly high pressure. What could cause this overnight surprise??

·
Registered
2001 Forester
530 Posts
If you think it's a fuel issue, have you checked or replaced the fuel filter? I have a 2001 as well and never experienced what you described. Only replaced fuel filter maybe twice in the last 217,000 miles. Still factory cps.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you think it's a fuel issue, have you checked or replaced the fuel filter? I have a 2001 as well and never experienced what you described. Only replaced fuel filter maybe twice in the last 217,000 miles. Still factory cps.

Ppl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then I doubt it's fuel related. There is suppose to be fuel pump in the tank. It's under the rear passenger seat. Flow rate about 17.2 us gal/hour. About 43.4 psi. These rarely fail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I have a friend coming tomorrow, he has a fuel pressure tester and some other things he's bringing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts