Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening!
I just took possession of an 01 Forester S with 287K miles and the shifter bushings are in serious need of replacement.

I am looking to change out the front, rear and bushing linkage joint. The linkage joint I'll be going with the OEM Subaru piece but for the others I'm open to suggestion. Any opinions on Energy Suspension, Prothane, Whiteline, Cobb or Perrin? I'm sure they are all similar but if anyone knows why one would be better or easier to install/maintain, then I'm all ears.

Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Forester Manual 5 Speed Dual Range
304 Posts
Hi,

I am in Australia, across the Pacific Ditch.
I make a rebuild kit for the 35047AC030 Shifter Joint which is used by many of the Subaru community in Oz.

Have also prototyped an upgraded unit for the 35047AC030 with oversized bushes and stainless steel crush tubes

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I am in Australia, across the Pacific Ditch.
I make a rebuild kit for the 35047AC030 Shifter Joint which is used by many of the Subaru community in Oz.

Have also prototyped an upgraded unit for the 35047AC030 with oversized bushes and stainless steel crush tubes

When you rebuild these, do you use upgraded poly bushes? Are the other parts new or cleaned and restored? Finally how much shipped to Florida, 34655? Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Forester Manual 5 Speed Dual Range
304 Posts
We use Delrin POM C and turn up the bushes to suit.
The rebuid kit is basically used on the existing joint once it is disassembled and cleaned.

The prototyped upgrade was done on a used joint that had worn out bushes.

·
Registered
99 L 5MT
163 Posts
I think it really doesn't matter as I think they're all the same material, even the cheap generic ones on Amazon are probably comparable. I went with OEM linkage, Whiteline bushings and then when I forgot to torque the bolt that holds the bushing in, I lost half of it & replaced it with Kartboy. Noticed no difference at all between the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts