Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brain doesn't seem to be able to type the magic "password' into the search box to unlock the info I'm looking for...

What are the bulb numbers for replacing the dash lights / HVAC control lights in a 2001 SF? My 2000 uses different bulbs all the way around the entire car. *frustration*

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,741 Posts
Strange as it may seem, the magic search word for finding posts related to instrument panel bulbs is 'condom'! (It refers to the colored plastic tube that slides over the bulb and gives it its color.)

General conclusion appears to be that many of these bulbs are in mounts that are custom to Subaru and priced way, way out of sight. Many, many dollars apiece! You can often find equivalent bare bulbs at Radio Shack but might have to do some custom fitting to install them in the original mountings.

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep... that's what I arrived at too. This explains why there's no info on them. Well, crap!

I was interested in getting some lights from Super Bright LED. Perhaps email them a high quality photo and try and get a clone?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,741 Posts
I got a LED replacement for the ignition ring light at V-LEDs. It was a bit longer than the stock incandescent but a perfect fit in the socket and the extra length wasn't a problem. It might not work out in length-critical applications. See this post for pix and more info.

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, those look damn close to be honest. Well I sent SBLEDs an email asking if they'd provide assistance to me in choosing a clone. We'll see...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts