Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 JDM SF5 S/Tb STi
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having real difficulty locating a replacement pipe that looks like a direct replacement for this (A JDM SF5 S/TB STi) 2001. Can anyone recommend a part number or advise of where I can order one in the UK? This appears to be different to the UK S Turbo center pipe.

Update as no response:

Been working long shifts so haven't had a great deal of time to explore this further, but I've just taken a video of the midpipe, so hopefully someone can tell me what I need. As you can guess, I'm not mechanically minded so please be gentle.

Am I right in thinking that this is a catted midpipe? I can find plenty of centre pipes with nothing, or with silencers, but none with the cat (which I'm presuming is the box on the front end of the centre section...(I said I'm no mechanic). It then leads to a small silencer as you can see, and this is the bit that's rusted away.

Are there other options to consider (I don't want to decat it).

Heres the video

https://youtu.be/g5PuT4TyA1U

·
Registered
1997 S Tb Auto
133 Posts
what you have there is a cat up front and a resonator (silencer) behind it.

Bin all that.

Go to a good exhaust workshop and get a straight through stainless pipe welded in there.

Jobs a good 'un.

Seriously, there's a bunch of free ponies right there and it will sound so much better. I did this and the best way I can describe the sound is 'Meaty'
Plus who doesn't want more power!?!?!?

·
Registered
2000 Forester s/tb and an
2 Posts
Any luck on the centerpipe for your forester? What Impreza Is it from? I have a 2000 sf5 jdm S/tb I cannot find a thing.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
The "centre" pipe is similar to that for a "Classic" GC8 Impreza turbo

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
what year?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
In theory any year as the turbo has the same 3 piece post turbo exhaust layout. The exact same centre section (4420FA160/61/62) is fitted to a JDM 1999 and 2000 WRX or WRX STI

Other turbo models from MY94 onwards.
just check the length between flanges - should be about 1350mm .

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,581 Posts
I've got one and just so happens its on eBay HERE I also have the SG9 STi version HERE

I should really list them in the for sale section on here...Duh

·
Registered
1 Posts
what you have there is a cat up front and a resonator (silencer) behind it.

Bin all that.

Go to a good exhaust workshop and get a straight through stainless pipe welded in there.

Jobs a good 'un.

Seriously, there's a bunch of free ponies right there and it will sound so much better. I did this and the best way I can describe the sound is 'Meaty'
Plus who doesn't want more power!?!?!?
No tune for a deleted cat?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts