Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 S, and really see no reason to have a scoop, except I think it would look cool. There are many options on the 'Net, but once one buys a scoop, what else is involved? Do you need a different hood, or cut into you original hood? Will it serve any pragmatic purpose if running a stock set-up underneath the hood?

I have no experience modding cars, and never was interested until I got my Subaru and found this forum. Please forgive the noobness of my inquiries.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,424 Posts
You can see how the scoop is installed on my '07 FSXT here. I'm not sure how the earlier models did the scoop, but unless it was a one piece hood & scoop, I'd guess it was done something like my '07 scoop. :wink:

Yes you could add a scoop, but I'm not sure it would look right. In addition it wouldn't be functional & it would suck water & dust into the engine compartment... unless it was plugged... :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Bobby! Your response made me giggle. Great job of politely telling me not to be a fool. hehehe, anyway, I will keep looking into osome fun things to do which are more appropriate for my car.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
I could always take pics of my scoop if it helps at all. I don't know how it's mounted tho.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,424 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts