Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S auto
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, it seems like most of the Subarus that are Japan assembled have this interesting spring clip mount attached to the Windshield. I wanted to know how to remove it so I can install a classic metal button slide-on mount that came from a similar year Legacy. At the junkyard. I just saw pitted windshields from where someone just went around it with a hammer and Chisel. I'm sure someone has had success without removing the entire windshield. I tried to heat one in the junkyard with a blow torch. But no dice. Maybe I should have posted in the "Interior and electronics" section, but I this seems more appropriate because of the Windshield.

THANKS.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ehhh...anyone?
Did you ever successfully resolve your problem?

The “deluxe” mirror on our used 2013 fell off. It had been dinked with before and had one #8x32x1/2” countersunk screw “holding” it on with some super glue and a dab of JB Weld on the threads. Any threaded holes in the assembly were stripped. It looked to me that the little sliding button in the middle of the assembly (missing from yours in the picture) should have two threaded holes.

The best I could do with limited time and tools was to get two new #8x32 screws and epoxy them into the sliding button.

I don’t really know how this assembly should mount. It’s seems more intricate than it need be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts