Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Subians! My name is Randy and I am in the process of just making my little beaut (01' @ nearly 370,000 miles) perfect. I am looking for any advice, any specifics that have worked for others, or maybe just some fun ideas that have ultimately spiced up your tiny obsessions with customizing your own Subis.

Ultimately I am looking for 4 things:

HOW DO I GET LED HEADLIGHTS? Is there a high-low beam LED that works wonders in a stock headlight holder? (If that's what it is called.. excuse my lack of terminology). Or am I stuck using a Conversion Kit? Also, Any suggestions?

What options do I have in getting Darker (Sicker looking) tail lights?

I really truly would love a blue Starred backlit logo that I can put a blue led behind.. or maybe a multi colored (Color changing emblem) that I have control over. I'm an UBER EATS delivery driver so I gotta flash what I got since I can't drive people around

Finally the A/C and heater on this basic 01 SUBI has got to go.. I was thinking about installing a custom A/C and heater with more or less a custom climate control! I am aware it would be intense with a lot of cutting fabric and potentially some of the frame but has anyone ever seen or heard of someone installing a climate control into their SUBIs?

Lastly... I will try and get some of the links up later down the thread of the few things I have done to my subi with some pictures!

Thanks Friends!

Randy

·
Registered
2001 Forester
697 Posts
Finally the A/C and heater on this basic 01 SUBI has got to go.. I was thinking about installing a custom A/C and heater with more or less a custom climate control! I am aware it would be intense with a lot of cutting fabric and potentially some of the frame but has anyone ever seen or heard of someone installing a climate control into their SUBIs?
What's wrong with the AC and heater? Broken? Not working? Not working well? I am still driving a 2001, and works just fine....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would you want to increase the chance of getting rear-ended by someone who didn't notice your dimmed blinker or brake lights?
Bro I live in Denver Colorado! I am never really in super dark areas where i would have to worry about someone rear-ending me.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
697 Posts
Bro I live in Denver Colorado! I am never really in super dark areas where i would have to worry about someone rear-ending me.
It's not the darkness that makes dim lights dangerous, it's in bright sunlight where the dim lights become useless. Happens a lot here in Texas, smoke, darkened taillights makes for no lights.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Aftermarket led headlights should be banned, when being used in headlight units not designed for them, you will just blind everyone, just buy decent aftermarket halogen bulbs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aftermarket led headlights should be banned, when being used in headlight units not designed for them, you will just blind everyone, just buy decent aftermarket halogen bulbs
I appreciate the input.. Has anyone found a decent headlight unit designed for older SUBIs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts