Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I can't seem to find any information on tuning. I found a few posts about the same car as mine but it was a few years earlier (1998). my ecu is (1F 22611 AG380) would it be tunable with the right software or do i need to go with a Enduring Solutions or a ECULabs ecu addon? The main part I would be looking for is getting rid of the boost cut at 1bar or 14psi as my goal would be at most 17psi and the 180km speed limit as the engine has a lot of millage on it and I would be worried pushing it too hard. The car has been manual swapped as well not sure if that matters

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry forgot to mention i have an electronic boost controller already installed so i can turn up the boost i just hit the boost cut at 14.5psi or 1 bar. I'm pretty sure i do not have the Ej205G the engine code is EJ205DXWBE not sure if that matters really but all the other posts i find are talking about the G model.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,402 Posts
A friend of mine is currently tuning a car of your year although his is an extreme case, he needed a wiring harness to make it work.
If i remember ill ask him tomorrow.
Perhaps @don1952 could point you in the right direction in the meanwhile.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,913 Posts
I'm sure there was a chap on here running a JDM SF Turbo with an Apexi Power FC solution........ I can't seem to find the thread though

Edit - Found it and some:

And this might be of use later down the road: Apexi AVCR Pinouts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazing! thanks for the help. It looks like i may need this ECU mod earlier than I thought. It looks like the turbo gave up today. Got no boost at all :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts