Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm currently lifting my '01 Forester with the above mentioned springs. I got the front installed using Monroe OE spectrum struts and I'm pleased so far. However, I'm having issues installing the springs on the rear strut. The coils have a flared end that doesn't match the size of the top hat. It appears once the coil is mounted under tension, it might slip loose and misalign. Does anyone have any experience installing these springs? Do I need to purchase a different strunt mount that's sized correctly? The stock springs appears identical top to bottom. Someone had previously asked the same question but it went unanswered, it seems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
492 Posts
SF ('98-'02) and SG ('03-'08) share nearly identical front and rear suspension designs, with one of the main differences being the rear springs and rear upper spring perches. Make sure the springs you purchased actually fit the SF Forester. If you accidently bought SG springs, simply substitute the SF rear upper spring perches for the SG parts.

If these are lifting springs, they will be noticeably more difficult to fit onto the struts, compared to the OEM springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts