Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a 2001 forester non turbo,, After driving for a couple of weeks everythings fine but then I jumped in it and it seems the Immobiliser has armed itself and the car obviously wont start, it cranks but no start, the light shaped as a key flashes but when the keys in the ignition on position the key is a solid red light and also the engine light flashes, i urgently need to get this going so any help would be most appreciative.. I have no codes or anything and subaru Australia tell me i can't disarm the Immobiliser but from what I've been reading it seems possible but I can't find any reset button either

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,941 Posts
@New scoobaru welcome to the forum from Oregon!

I seem to recall you have a different alarm... security system in Australia, than we have here in the States? Perhaps that's why there's no button or wires?

Is there a procedure in your Owner's Manual that would walk you thru the process of resetting the security system?

The security systems installed here in the States can be viewed here on cars101.com. There is this mention of nonUS Forester security Not sure if that is what you have?

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Administrator
15,347 Posts
G'day & Welcome @New scoobaru

Are the key batteries (CR1620) in good condition? Have you added another car key to your key ring? I wonder if disconnecting the vehicle battery for a while will reset it?

My MY'03 user manual offers no info on how to reset the immobilizer other than to contact Subaru.

My MY'03 Workshop manual says:

1. TRANSMITTER REGISTRATION
NOTE:
• A maximum of three transmitters can be registered for each individual vehicle.
• When replacing the transmitter (key), registration to immobilizer system is also necessary.
1) Remove the side sill cover at driver's side, then connect the registration connectors at front pillar
lower section.
2) Unlock the door lock.
3) Press any button of the transmitter twice while pressing driver’s door lock switch to unlock side to
be registered.
4) The door lock will automatically lock and unlock in sequence. This indicates the completion of transmitter
registration for first transmitter.
5) If the registration of second and third transmitter is now to be carried out, repeat the procedure 3)
and 4).
6) Disconnect the registration connectors after the completion of all registration operations. After confirming
the operation of door lock using newly registered transmitter(s), reinstall the side sill cover at
driver's side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Kevin Thanks mate I've done the connection under the will and only registered the key by pressing lock on the key and they seems to work but I want to try this way but don't really understand point 3 in your instruction

1 - 5 of 5 Posts