Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester Manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a long write up so I apologize, but I would like to be as thourough as possible.
2 days ago I started my 5spd Manual EJ25 01 Forester. I started it with my right foot, with the intention of letting my car warm up while I had a smoke. I believed I was in neutral, but when I stepped out it lurched forward and stalled (stupid i know). Simultaniously I scraped the exposed wiring under the dash with my foot. After that, my car would not start. I was able to push start, but the key has no impact. I charged the battery up, checked the conections, did continuity tests on fuses etc etc. i also checked everything with a multimeter, and it appears that electrical power is not making its way to the starter. I can hear a relay click near the fog light button located to the left of the steering wheel. I have attemped to bypass the clutch sensor thinking I may have messed it up with my foot, but no luck. I replaced the starter since it takes like 5 minutes and it was free under warranty, but again, there is no power (.02) volts when I turn the key on the small wire on the starter. Any ideas? Battery good, wires a little corroded, but nothing major, checked fuses, lights all work etc etc, but no power to starter.

Also, the factory security system has been removed and the little bypass has been installed, and there is no security reset button, just an LED dangling where ive seen the switch in other photos. The door dings when I open it with the key in the ignition, which leads me to believe that the little switch Ive read about inside the ignition mechanism is also working.

Thank you all!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,087 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Forester Manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the diagram. I know a few others were kind enough to post a reply as well, and I apologize for not updating everyone earlier. I have not yet had a chance to work further on the car, I work retail so the week before and after black friday are always a nightmare... also 2 toddlers. Once I get a look and figure this **** out I will post a full update, I know I am not the only one out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts