Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Forester
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ways to increase the performance in my stock Forester. My mechanic buddy said CAI, exhaust, and performance chip. Wondering if anyone has advice on what kinda exhaust or chip, any other cheap ways to increase hp, and where to find cheap parts that will ship to Minnesota!! thanks for any help

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
This thread is a great place to start to find information. It's going to cost a lot of money to see power increases for our NA subies. Probably the biggest bang for your buck is going to come from cams. Delta Cams will regrind your cams. You'll see a pretty good power increase from the cams. Also as you mentioned, a CAI will also add a little low end power. I got my CAI from Subaru Planet. There are also other things you can add such as lightened pulleys, throttle body spacers, exhaust, headers, engine management, and a lot more.

Edit - Beat me to it :tongue:.

·
Registered
2000 Forester L Manual
14 Posts
It looks like that thread was saying it wasn't likely that those problems would occur with a Forester though right?

·
Registered
2013 WRX Base 5-speed
827 Posts
It would appear as though it was a nearly universal amongst subaru 2.5's.....(n/a)

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
Not to mention a CAI doesn't do squat beyond make the car sound faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts