Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry for the n00b questions, but I have been doing a bit of research into my brothers 2001 Forester GT and have come across some confusing information.

I was wondering if I could get some clarifations on the following questions as I haven't been able to find what i am after from the forums!

1) Is the GT the same as the S-Turbo but released here in Australia?
2) Does the 2001 GT have the TD035 or the TD04?
3) Is the max boost 0.8 bar for both turbos before the ECU goes in to rich and retard mode?
4) If this is removed by a Tune, what is the 'safe' max boost for these turbo's without it going pop!

Thanks in advance, I know you must get these types of questions all the time...

Cheers,
Douse
:biggrin:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
1/ Broadly yes, but not identical, for example our centre section exhaust has a cat in it, your's has a restrictor to give the same backpressure as a cat.

2/ TF035, EU cars had 2 different versions 99/00MY and from 01My on, not sure if Oz versions got the later part or kept the earlier one, the later one has a larger turbine housing inlet.

3/ No, 99/00 go into overboost fuel cut at 0.8bar, so don't go there (fuel is cut, really uncomfortable, not recommended!), later ones (and that includes Oz versions) have a higher limit.

4/ The TF035 gets really inefficient past 1bar boost, it will survive but you'll make less power trying to make 1.1 bar than you will at 1bar!

Get yourself onto ozfoz.com for some detailed oz advice.

Simon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts